Thursday, October 28, 2010

three.

Untitled-4
On Saturday, my girl turned three. Three! I know that I could easily regard birthdays in this house with a twinge of sadness, but I'm really trying to embrace each new year as a gift. And while I will definitely miss things about living with our two-year-old girl, I can't wait to see what's in store for our three-year-old. And honestly, it's not hard because Maggie is thrilled about being three. (Seriously. Last week, she let every unsuspecting stranger know all about her upcoming birthday!)

Last week, I made it a point to take some photos of her in honor of her special day. I love the thoughtful, and kind-hearted girl that she is growing into. I love how much she cares about her brother and is sensitive to the people around her. I love how much she enjoys just pretending. And dressing up. And drawing flowers on our sidewalk.
Untitled-12
Untitled-10
Untitled-9
Untitled-6
Untitled-7
We had to sneak Caleb in for a few...
Untitled-8
Untitled-3
Untitled-2
Untitled-1
Untitled-13
Maggie's birthday fell on Saturday this year, and we had a sweet little party where three-year-old's painted pumpkins that they picked out of our backyard. My brother-in-law made this sign. Maggie was pretty excited. :)
Untitled-14
Untitled-15
Yeah, three is pretty sweet. Happy Birthday, Maggie girl! I love you.

12 comments:

Lauren Gay Photography said...

Kristen...oh my gosh. This brings tears to my eyes. She is so incredibly beautiful. Inside and out. And that photo of her throwing the leaves is so magical. And the ones with Caleb...seriously? Gosh. I could go on and on. Kristen you are such a GREAT mom!!

PS I LOVE YOUR KIDS!

Chelsea said...

So many sweet, beautiful pictures!! Happy Birthday Maggie :)

Nichole said...

Kris, she is starting to look like such a little lady. I can't get over how beautiful and grown-up she looks!
love you guys

L MCCLELLAND said...

Oh my, she is one cute girl! I love the picture of her holding Caleb's hands, how sweet! Happy Birthday Maggie! You will enjoy three!

Unknown said...

I love your kids so much - I love how your gift enables you to capture such beautiful moments!!

And ps, if/when I start a styling business, Maggie is going to be my partner :) Seriously, I need to start dressing more like Maggie :)

Small Time Style

ali caudill said...

so the one where she is looking down at her cupcake and her little bangs are falling down... i want to kiss her face 29093248 times. she is so precious. these are so amazing kristen. love love love every one, definitely can not pick a fav. and i agree with lauren, i want maggie's wardrobe.

Katie Smith said...

As soon I saw these pictures I wanted to comment on her wardrobe- clearly I am not the only one!! So I will just say how seriously adorable she is. Is there a wait list for dating? Colin likes older women :)-

the reppard crew said...

adorable! happy happy maggie!

courtney anderson said...

all the thing you said about her, sweet, caring, sensative to others....she is just like YOU! gorgeous photos, kristen!! you guys are all so awesome :)

Kristen said...

Thanks so much, everyone! Feel free to call anytime if you'd like Maggie to give you fashion advice. :)

Mindy Moore said...

she is so gorgeous. you can totally tell how much she contemplates and feels for others in her little facial expressions and in her eyes.
every year was hard for me too but now when i'm asked which year was my favorite i can't choose, there is something about every age that makes it my favorite year. =)
the b/w of the both of them is ADORABLEY SQUEEZABLE! GOOD JOB, KRISTEN!! you're a great mommy! =)

L Hewitt said...

These photos are adorable! I love the cupcake :)