Tuesday, January 25, 2011

looking ahead | changes in 2011!

Untitled-2
About a month ago, my good friend Ali took some photos of me for my new blog (coming VERY soon!) and after our shoot, I used one of the images as my Facebook profile picture. My sister-in-law did my hair that day, and immediately my wall blew up with comments about how good/different/long my hair looked. Clearly, I need to brush my hair more often! :) And thank goodness for Ali, because I just might be the most awkward subject in front of the camera. Seriously. It's painful.

Though my blog isn't quite ready to launch, I was so happy to get updated photos for the new year. Because, really, this year is going to be amazing. 2011 is shaping up to be a year full of changes, and I'm hoping (and expecting) that they're all going to end up making me a better photographer and a better mom. Here are just a few of the things that I'm excited about...

1. My blog (like I mentioned) and website are both being updated and redesigned, and I couldn't be more excited about where they're going. You'll have to wait for the official launch, but seriously, it's going to be awesome.

2. On January 14th, I turned 30. At first, I kept telling myself that "30 is the new 20", but I've decided that I'd actually rather not go back to being 20. I feel much more confident and comfortable with who I am now. But I might stop proclaiming each new birthday from this point on. :)

2. I'm scheduled to shoot some amazing weddings this year, and I couldn't be more excited about the couples that I'll be photographing, the vendors I'll be working with, and the locations we'll be visiting. It's going to be an incredible year! I can't wait to share the photos.

3. And, perhaps, the BIGGEST and most SURPRISING news... our little family of four is growing by one more! In August, Tim, Maggie, Caleb, and I will welcome one more little baby into our family. This news definitely took me by surprise (because if you've been following this blog for awhile, you know that Caleb won't even be two yet!) but we're getting pretty excited about the new addition to our family, and Maggie is THRILLED! She has several names already picked out... I'm hoping she'll forget them though.

4. And finally... In response to the big change in our family, I've decided that I need to stop shooting portraits for the next year. I will still schedule engagement shoots, and I have several family and baby (and Baby's First Year) sessions already scheduled that I couldn't be more excited about! But I won't be adding any more portrait shoots to my calendar this year. If you're interested in a portrait session, please feel free to email! I'd love to hook you up with one of the many, many amazing portrait photographers that work in our area.

Thank you so much for reading and being excited with me about where this year is going! I anticipate that my kids are going to make a stronger appearance on the blog this year... And mom, since you're one of my most faithful followers, I'm sure you'll be thrilled! :)

18 comments:

blogging??? who came up with this said...

Kris! Congrats to you,Tim, Maggie and Caleb!! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Kristen...you act like I stalk your blog...you did post this at 2:24 and I just happened to get on FB at 2:32. That is embarrassing??
I agree with you on not proclaiming each birthday..after all you had a Mom who kept her real age a secret for years!! and your family was just as surprised on Christmas Day when you and Tim announced Baby Harley or Baby Davidson was coming! Please name the baby after your parents favorite activity (our Harley)! Can't wait for this year also. We love all of you. Mom (now GiGi)

Emily Nicole said...

I'm SO excited for you!!! I can't wait to see the new blog and, of course, hear updates about your growing family! <3

finn said...

you are a trip! So excited for your family and can't wait to see the updates!! whoohoo! Go Kristen!

Henriette Buell said...

Baby Harley/Davidson? Sounds like you are in for a HUGE change in 2011. That's so exiting!!
I hope that all works out well for you, and that hopefully our paths will cross again!

Lashelle said...

So excited for you and ALL the new changes. Can't wait to see the new website and blog and definitely can't wait to meet the newest baby Gardner. Hayston and I can't get enough of the other two so I'm sure we'll fall in love all over again with baby #3!

Allie Carroll said...

Oh my goodness! CONGRATULATIONS KRISTEN!!! Can't wait to see the new blog and website! xo

Stephanie at Angelina Photography said...

CONGRATS, kristen! You're going to have an amazing 2011 and I can't wait to see all the blog posts documenting it! :)

Emily said...

Wow! Sounds like a great year ahead! Congratulations...I'll definitely be following along online!

Whit said...

Congrats Kristen!! Can't wait to see more pics of the cutest kids in the world!

Laurie said...

Congrats Kristen! BTW I love all of your personal blog post. Can't wait to hear about all of these new changes. You are an amazing photographer!

Courtney Anderson said...

can't wait to see the new blog/site, and....i love you guys! xoxox

Anonymous said...

Holy WOW!! What wonderful and exciting news! So happy for you and your sweet family! I will truly miss portraits by you this year, but totally understand. Many Blessings being sent your way!

ali caudill said...

i am very very excited for you and all that is to come this year... much love!

Amy Martin said...

BIG HUGE FAT congrats to you!!! And yes, your hair looks fabulous in the pic. :)

Trish Manwaring said...

Congrats! All wonderful news.

It's hilarious that Maggie already has names picked out for the baby. Noah wanted to name our baby "Uneckwoods fault" if it was a boy. Thank heavens we had a girl!

Betsy Snider said...

I'm so excited for your family! Surprise 3rd babies are the most darling :)

Kristen Gardner Photography said...

Thanks so much for the love and support!! You guys are awesome. :)