Thursday, September 16, 2010

Nichole is having a baby!

Untitled-1
I met Nichole when we were both in the first grade. She had the most amazing collection of dress up clothes and Barbie dolls... and we became fast friends. It's pretty incredible to reflect on a friendship that has lasted that long. We stood beside one another on each of our wedding days, and Nichole was here soon after both Maggie and Caleb were born. Seriously, I could never thank her enough for the encouragement and support that she's given me through the years. And now she's going to be a mom! I couldn't be more thrilled for her.

Last week, Nichole traveled down to Warrenton for both a baby shower and a fun maternity session. We had such a blast! (Also, Nichole could seriously model for maternity magazine.) Here are a few of my favorites from our shoot...
Untitled-4
Untitled-5
Untitled-6
This might be my favorite...
Untitled-3
Nichole went to Va Tech, and I went to UVA. At this point in our shoot, Nichole accused me of trying to incorporate orange and blue into her photos... I don't know what she's talking about...
Untitled-2
Untitled-7
Untitled-8
Untitled-9
And finally, one of the two of us at Nichole's baby shower! Can you tell how excited I am to meet this baby?!
Untitled-10
Nichole: I'm so happy for you and Steve, and I can wait to photograph that sweet baby girl! I also can't wait to see her amazing collection of knitted items. :)

10 comments:

Lauren Gay Photography said...

These are great Kristen! My favorite one is the one that's your favorite! GORGEOUS!

Nichole said...

Kris, these are wonderful. Thank you so much for capturing this time in my life and for being such a loving and supportive friend.

Courtney Dove said...

Awesome shoot, you're right, she looks awesome! Where oh where is that amazing orange wall?! Love it! :)

ali caudill said...

beautiful beautiful! love all her cute outfits and the orange and blue thing is pretty funny... awesome job kris.

Jenn said...

LOVE LOVE!! So beautiful. Can't wait for baby girl to arrive.

L MCCLELLAND said...

I honestly believe this is the prettiest maternity shoot you've done. Nichole looks amazing!

Courtney Anderson Photography said...

nichole looks stunning! love the bare belly image, and every other single one of course!

Anonymous said...

just discovered that I love maternity photos!!! awesome job kristen!

Sara Gahan said...

Kris,

These are beautiful! And YOU look beautiful in that last one!

Love you!

Katie Smith said...

um where were these maternity clothes when I was pregnant? :) gorgeous photos and dare I say I miss pregnancy? Also the last picture made me smile.. glad you are liking your necklace!