Tuesday, December 28, 2010

We love you, Lauren!

Two years ago, I met Lauren Gay at my brother's wedding. At the time, she was a student at the Art Institute of Washington and wanted to start her own wedding and portrait photography business. I remember that she introduced herself to me, and I was struck by how outgoing and genuine she was. I was so lucky to have her join me as an intern soon after, and even MORE lucky when her internship ended and she became my regular babysitter!

Lauren is such a kind soul. She is smart and creative and such an encouraging friend. And I can't describe how special it is to have someone love my children in the all-encompassing way that she does. Maggie and Caleb absolutely love her. In fact, Maggie often goes to bed asking if Lauren is coming the next day. Having her in my home two days a week was such a breath of fresh air this past year... both professionally and personally!

Lauren actually graduated earlier this month, and last week she babysat for my kiddos one last time before Christmas. We already miss her immensely! But she's a talented photographer, and I'm so excited to see what's next for her and her growing career. If you haven't checked out her blog, do yourself a favor and head over there immediately. And leave her LOTS of love! She's just awesome.

We love you, Lauren! Please visit often. :)
Untitled-1
This is from Lauren's portfolio show in D.C. earlier this month. Can you tell how happy I am for her? :)
Untitled-2

4 comments:

ali caudill said...

lauren... are those tears in your eyes? :( i know it was hard for you to leave too! kristen you were so lucky to have an awesome babysitter and this is a beautiful post. love you all!

Lauren Gay Photography said...

Yes, I was definitely starting to cry! Thank you Kristen. From the bottom of my heart, thank you, thank you.

Lauren said...

Aww this almost made me cry! Lauren I gave your name to a few people on nye-we sent a christmas card with one of our engagement pics and everyone was asking about our photographer! And Kristen, I saw Tim at Giant about a week ago and he so proudly showed me your spread in washingtonian Bride and Groom! You ALL are so talented!!!

Lauren Gay Photography said...

Lauren, you're too sweet! Thank you! Kristen, I need this issue! STAT!