Tuesday, February 8, 2011

January.

Untitled-3
So, I've decided to continue posting about my family each month. But this year, I'm going to allow myself to just post a photo that I love without feeling pressure to get a family photo. (I'm hoping that will happen at least once this year!) Also, I'm going to be ok with the fact that some months might have a very short post. I think those two things will make it a whole lot easier for me! :)

-- I was a little bummed about turning 30 last month for many reasons... one of them being that I am pregnant and just don't feel well a lot of the time. But Tim made it such a special day for me. He sent me on a scavenger hunt that included an afternoon reading at Borders, a McDonald's ice-cream cone, a manicure, a new outfit and hairstyle (courtesy of my sister-in-law), and a surprise party at my favorite restaurant/bar here in Warrenton. It was perfect. I was completely surprised. And I didn't feel sick all day! Tim's pretty awesome.

-- Maggie is convinced that she's getting a baby sister in August. When I asked her why she was so certain, she told me that Dora has both a baby brother and a baby sister. I love the logic of a three-year-old.

-- Caleb has learned several new words this past month! My favorites are definitely "ball", "oo oo ah ah" (which means monkey), and "sauce" (applesauce).

-- We had one good snow, and it was so fun to see Maggie and Caleb enjoy playing in it. (At this point, I'm definitely ready for Spring, but I'll go ahead and reflect on why we loved the snow last month.) Caleb actually really enjoyed crawling around in it and cried when we took him inside. And it was so much fun watching the two of them go sledding together! Cute, cute, cute.

-- Caleb can walk up to seven steps, but most of the time he refuses to do it.

-- Caleb got his first haircut! He had been sporting a major mullet for about a month before it was cut, so we knew it was time. Unfortunately, Caleb was a lot more nervous than Maggie was during her first haircut, so I ended up holding him most of the time and could only take a few photos. But he does look pretty adorable!

-- Maggie's new favorite past-time is acting out episodes of The Backyardigans. We all are asked to participate, and her favorite episodes always involve dancing.

I'm hoping that the weather will be MUCH WARMER the next time I post. Keep your fingers crossed! :)

4 comments:

L MCCLELLAND said...

Cute pic of Caleb! He looks a lot like Maggie in this pic!

Trish M. said...

LOVE the Backyardigans. Their songs and dances are quite contagious!!!

Vali said...

Great photo at the top :)

courtney anderson said...

i love this, and i think i am going to start doing these posts too! although...jan will obviously be late. i may just start with february! :)