Thursday, March 10, 2011

tax day.

blog-10
Today, I am putting all procrastination aside and finally completing my taxes. I do have an accountant, but I've waited far too long to file my paperwork, update Quickbooks, and organize all of my receipts. I've avoided it like the plague. Also, it's pouring down rain today, which does nothing to lift my spirits...

So, before Maggie and Caleb went to my in-laws for the day, I decided to take a breath, grab my camera, and let Maggie play in the rain for a bit before we left. (Caleb is still a little too unsteady for rainboots, but his day will come soon!) I love these photos of Maggie. Her sweet cousin, Lily, just gave her that umbrella earlier this week, and she was so excited to try it out. Also, she's wearing a dress (the same dress that appears in my "LOVE" post) because dresses and skirts are all she wants to wear these days. On a particularly cold day earlier this week, she grabbed a "twirly" skirt and pulled it on over her jeans... because she knew she'd want to get some dancing in on the playground. :)

I know that I say it with every new post, but she looks particularly old and wise to me today. Ready for a new baby, ready to start preschool in the Fall, ready to keep growing... And as much as I want her to stay little forever, I also love seeing her grow into such a thoughtful and sweet little girl. This photo shoot definitely helped make me feel a little bit happier this morning. Also, I'm not going to lie... putting off taxes even more to post these photos is making me smile!
blog-9
blog-6
Blog-3
blog-7
blog-5
Blog-2
blog-4
Blog-1

9 comments:

Emily Nicole said...

Maggie is so cool-she must get it from her Momma :)

Mindy Moore said...

You guys just made my rainy day sunny! thanks, ladies! =)

lacetteprice said...

You know what a fan I am of your work but these have to be some of the best photos EVER!!!!!! I love them all. I don't know if it is the bright color on such a gloomy day, the unusualness (not a word) of photos in the rain, or the love that they sing. Inspiring and beautiful.

Amy Martin said...

ADORABLE! These are perfect! :)

I finally started my taxes today too... nothing is more depressing.

Nicole Galvydis said...

Okay, here is what I'm thinking. You and Tim need to have a night on the town while I watch Maggie and Caleb. Because I'd like to make Maggie my new best friend.

Unknown said...

Oh Maggie - You are the cutest thing ever with the sweetest smile and killer style - I want to be like you when I grow up!!

Gorgeous pics, as always Kris :)

Kristen Gardner Photography said...

Thanks so much, friends! Lacette, you are so sweet. And Amy, I'm so glad to hear that I wasn't alone today! Nicole... I'm putting you on my calendar. :)

Sara Gahan said...

Kris, these mught be my favorite pictures of Maggie EVER! The colors, the setting, the outfit, the umbrella...they all come together to create some really beautiful shots. My favorite is the one of Maggie looking up at the umbrella from underneath--she reminds me of Mary Poppins! Ah, I miss you and love you! Blaire is coming this weekend...I hope to have a mini-photo shoot of our own with her!

Anne said...

Kristen I love this shoot! Maggie looks so sweet I love the personality coming through the photos!