Tuesday, February 9, 2010

snow day | my life

The amount of snow that we've seen this winter has been more than a little overwhelming. I wasn't sure we'd be able to dig our cars out after the blizzard that hit us last week! And now, even as I write this, more snow is falling. Very inconvenient, for sure.

That being said, I'm here to tell you that this snow has made one little girl very, very happy.
Untitled-1
Untitled-2
Untitled-3
Untitled-4
Untitled-5
The snow doesn't dampen this little guy's mood either. Not one bit.
Untitled-6
If you're getting pretty bored, you should pass the time away by taking photos outside! What an amazing backdrop. And if you aren't used to shooting in the snow, here's a photo tip: If you've noticed that your images look a little gray (and you're shooting in manual mode) "overexpose" the photo a stop or two. Since there is so much white in the photo, the light meter doesn't give an accurate reading. I hope that's helpful!

If you're looking for something else to do while you're stuck inside, connect with me on Facebook! I'm going to start posting things there that may or may not ever make it to the blog. Hope to see you there!

4 comments:

KarenG said...

hey Kris... LOVE these pics. Hope to see you all soon. Love seeing Maggie so happy.

Unknown said...

These. Are. Priceless. Precious little Gardners :) Love you guys - hope you're enjoying the snow as much as Maggie!

Stephanie at Angelina Photography said...

how stinkin cute!! These adorable pictures make me forget how crazy this snow is making me haha! :)

Also, thanks for the tip! I wasn't quite sure how to get rid of the grayish pics in the snow...I just had to mess around (with no rhyme or reason) with my stops until it worked out haha!

Kristen Gardner Photography said...

Thanks girls! Stephanie, I'm so glad the tip was helpful!