Tuesday, November 30, 2010

one.

Untitled-5
I remember very clearly being pregnant with Caleb and wondering how it was going to be possible to love two kids. I knew that I would... I just couldn't imagine it. At the time, a friend of mine told me that my love for my children wouldn't be divided when Caleb was born because my heart would just get bigger. And it sounds so cheesy to write that down. But it's true.

Caleb turned one on November 20th. And for that day, and the week leading up to it, and all the days that have followed since, we celebrated the life that joined our family one year ago. He has blessed our family so richly, and I can't believe that he has only been with us for a year! He is such a sweet and laid back little man. I love how he smiles easily and likes to cuddle. And every time he learns something new, it feels like Christmas at our house! (That's partly due to the fact that Maggie screams and jumps up and down in encouragement.)

Caleb isn't the easiest subject to photograph, but I brought my three-year-old assistant on this shoot, and she helped me hold his attention. :)
Untitled-3
Untitled-9
Untitled-8
Untitled-7
Untitled-4
Untitled-6
Untitled-2
On Caleb's actual birthday, we had all of our nieces and nephews over to celebrate!
Untitled-11
Untitled-12
cake!
Untitled-13
And I'll end with this last photo of my kiddos... Caleb's expression makes me laugh out loud!
Untitled-10

13 comments:

cathy carlton said...

You have made my day...
such joy!!
Keep up the beautiful parenting :)

Kristen Gardner Photography said...

Cathy, thank you so much! Moms like you are my inspiration. :) Seriously.

Katie Webster said...

I love them and I love you. I miss you all too. Hope to see you over Christmas!

Lauren Gay Photography said...

Kristen, I love every single one of these! The hat was totally worth it. And you're right about that last one! Maggie being her crazy self and Caleb's expression is typical..and priceless! You're such a great mom and I really can't wait to see all the wonderful things these kids end up being. Love you Caleb Grey!

ali caudill said...

oh my gosh.. so cute!!!

L MCCLELLAND said...

You have the most adorable children!

Unknown said...

Love these pictures of such a cute, adorable little guy :) And of course, my bff Maggie :)

Andrea Hatch said...

Your kids are so adorable!! And I LOVE the hat you got for Caleb!

Nichole said...

Brittany's future boyfriend is too cute for words. Happy one year to such a sweet boy! We love you guys:)

Sara Gahan said...

PRECIOUS. Has it really been a year? And has it really been over three since Maggie was born? Wow. I miss you guys and pray pray pray our paths will cross soon!

the reppard crew said...

AH! LOVE HIM! When can I kiss those cheeks? :)

KarenG said...

Love, love, love this post and the pics.... miss you guys already....

Anonymous said...

Gosh how did I get so blessed to have these beautiful grandbabies...Caleb is the perfect baby. All BOY..hooray. Love Love him..GiGi (now)