Thursday, December 2, 2010

baby colin | the thomas birkby house

Untitled-14
The other day, I was talking to my friend who is floral designer, and we were both lamenting the fact that we miss seeing brides and grooms after their wedding is over. And she paused for a second, and then said, "But you're lucky because you get to photograph their babies!" And she's right. :)

I absolutely love this family. I had the great privilege of photographing Katie and Justin's wedding over two years ago, and since then I've been lucky enough to see them quite a bit! Last week, I met them for a family session at The Thomas Birkby House, and I had so much fun capturing this sweet family together. (This was my second session with baby Colin, and he is such a cutie!) I love this venue for weddings, and it was just as fun to shoot a family session there. It actually POURED on the drive in, but the background is so lovely that the wet ground didn't matter!

Katie and Justin are such sweet parents and so in love with baby Colin. And it's not hard to see why! Have you seen those eyes? I was almost tempted to take him home with me. :)
Untitled-13
Untitled-10
Untitled-5
Untitled-4
This might be my favorite image from the whole session...
Untitled-9
... but I love these too!
Untitled-11
Untitled-7
sweet family.
Untitled-8
Untitled-2
Untitled-1
Untitled-15
Untitled-6
I'll end with the last image that I captured. Apparently, I wore this little guy out!
Untitled-3
Katie and Justin: Thank you so much for inviting me to capture your family! Any time spent with you guys is a joy. Merry Christmas!!

(Katie has always loved photography, and after Colin was born she decided to start her own photo blog! Check it out here; and if you stop by, leave her lots of love!)

2 comments:

Meghan Hoy said...

Kristen! Absolutely amazing! The second to last one is so stinkin' cute! :)

Lauren Gay Photography said...

I love these! My favorite is your favorite. That couldn't be a sweeter moment, and the lights in the background is just an added bonus!